[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

Re: "... first release candidate is expected in August 2011." Really?

From: Hyrum K Wright <hyrum_at_hyrumwright.org>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 21:53:04 -0700

On Mon, May 23, 2011 at 9:10 PM, Ivan Zhakov <ivan_at_visualsvn.com> wrote:
> On Tue, May 24, 2011 at 08:02, Greg Stein <gstein_at_gmail.com> wrote:
>> On May 23, 2011 10:21 PM, "Ivan Zhakov" <ivan_at_visualsvn.com> wrote:
>>> On Tue, May 24, 2011 at 01:44, Mark Phippard <markphip_at_gmail.com> wrote:
>>> >
>>> > I think they should stay in 1.7.0 until such point that we make a
>>> > decision to change the defaut and branch without them.  As long as we
>>> > intend for Serf to remain the default, and as I understand it that is
>>> > the intent, we should keep these items in 1.7.0.
>>> >
>>> >
>>> +1, personally I prefer switch back on neon before releasing alphas.
>> The stated intent has been to try and get ra_serf in people's hands. That
>> also means putting it into the alphas.
>> You've opened issues to track the showstoppers. If they are fixed, then
>> we're good.
> Is it makes sense to release ra_serf in alphas if there are known
> showstopper bugs?

To answer the more general question "are we going to release alphas
with known blockers?" Yes. We'll tell people what those blockers
are, but we will still release the alphas. (The blockers are all
relatively uncommon corner cases by this point, and I believe that
applies to serf, too.)

Received on 2011-05-24 06:53:42 CEST

This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Dev mailing list.

This site is subject to the Apache Privacy Policy and the Apache Public Forum Archive Policy.