[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

Subversion 1.5 Release decision?

From: Mark Phippard <markphip_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 14:10:51 -0400

Have we reached any consensus or made a decision on the release? I
think the conversation has stalled but maybe it has continued off
list. It seems like we have these options available:

1) Release 1.5 the week of June 2 based on current RC5

2) Release RC6 next week based on a new branch from RC5 + selected
safe fixes and API changes. GA to follow by a week.

3) Release RC6 next week based on current branch and start a new soak period.

I am not in favor of #3 if we are talking about a full 4-week soak.
I'd be OK with 2 weeks, in fact that option would be my personal
preference.

I am OK with #1 except I think people really want to get some of the
API changes into the release so that we do not have to live with the
"bad API" that was improved. So that leads us to #2. In which case I
think we need to decide which fixes from the post-RC5 1.5.x branch
need to go into the release. I'd suggest we keep it fairly small if
we go this route. I think we also need to do this ASAP so that we
have time to make sure the bindings are all OK on this new branch.

-- 
Thanks
Mark Phippard
http://markphip.blogspot.com/
---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe_at_subversion.tigris.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help_at_subversion.tigris.org
Received on 2008-05-21 20:11:07 CEST

This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Dev mailing list.