[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

Re: Subversion 1.5 Release decision?

From: Branko Čibej <brane_at_xbc.nu>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 23:53:30 +0200

Mark Phippard wrote:
> Have we reached any consensus or made a decision on the release? I
> think the conversation has stalled but maybe it has continued off
> list. It seems like we have these options available:
>
> 1) Release 1.5 the week of June 2 based on current RC5
>
> 2) Release RC6 next week based on a new branch from RC5 + selected
> safe fixes and API changes. GA to follow by a week.
>
> 3) Release RC6 next week based on current branch and start a new soak period.
>
> I am not in favor of #3 if we are talking about a full 4-week soak.
> I'd be OK with 2 weeks, in fact that option would be my personal
> preference.
>

Since when is any Subversion release tied to a particular schedule? And
why halve the soak period just to meet that schedule?

Reading the above doesn't make me at all happy. It implies there's an
implied schedule somewhere that did not originate within this project.

-- Brane

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe_at_subversion.tigris.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help_at_subversion.tigris.org
Received on 2008-05-21 23:54:01 CEST

This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Dev mailing list.