On 9/20/05, email@example.com <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> I think it's about time to create the 1.3 release branch. I'll write
> up some formal release notes soon; that can happen even before the
> branch is made. Until then, here's a summary of 1.3, compiled by Ben
> Collins-Sussman and me:
* Neon 0.25 - interruptable http(s) connections
> Here are some things that had been discussed for 1.3 in the past, but
> which I doubt will make it into 1.3:
> * The "wc-replacements" branch.
> This is making great progress, but it's destined for 1.4, not
> 1.3. It's a huge change, it still needs review, it's still being
> tweaked. Ivan Zhakov and Erik Huelsmann both concur that it
> should not be put into a 1.3.x micro release; to me, that says we
> shouldn't try to squeeze it into 1.3 at all. It'll want to sit
> on trunk for a good long while before we release it.
Well, even though you found some log message nits, I think the code we
put in is solid. The only problem is that it's not done right now. If
you ask me if we can finish it this week: probably. So if we work on
in our own pace, not rushed by the pending release, and we finish
before branching, we could do this:
- merge to trunk right after branching for 1.3
- backport that merge to 1.3
- if any problems whatsoever during soaking arise from this change,
revert it the branch.
(As you've probably guessed: I don't think there will be any.)
> I think we should branch this week, but am not proposing a specific
> day yet, because we need to first hear back from some of the people
> pinged above. Once we know the status of their items, we can pick the
> actual day.
> Comments? Especially, please post if I forgot something major.
Received on Tue Sep 20 11:53:47 2005