[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

Re: Subversion 1.8 httpd.exe taking 100% CPU

From: Ivan Zhakov <ivan_at_visualsvn.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2013 14:15:32 +0400

On Tue, Aug 20, 2013 at 2:05 PM, <valentijnscholten_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tuesday, August 20, 2013 10:47:22 AM UTC+2, Ivan Zhakov wrote:
>>>
>>> On Tue, Aug 20, 2013 at 12:20 PM, <valentij..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
>>> > On Monday, August 19, 2013 5:41:55 PM UTC+2, Dinesh Hirani wrote:
>>> >>
>>> >> I did not find a solution however I wrote an monitor application that
>>> >> checks if the httpd.exe process hits 100%, if so I KILL the process
>>> >> and
>>> >> CollabNet then restarts another instance.
>>>
> Last night the problem occurred again, this time I had debug logging enabled
> for apache, and left it running for a while.
>
> Error log shows last succesfull requests at 19:51. Some hours later all
> apache threads are busy, as reported in the error log:
>
> Mon Aug 19 19:51:49.378688 2013] [authz_core:debug] [pid 568:tid 932]
> mod_authz_core.c(799): [client 172.17.1.15:2283] AH01626: authorization
> result of <RequireAny>: denied (no authenticated user yet)
> [Mon Aug 19 19:51:51.660084 2013] [authz_core:debug] [pid 568:tid 932]
> mod_authz_core.c(799): [client 172.17.1.15:2283] AH01626: authorization
> result of Require valid-user : denied (no authenticated user yet)
> [Mon Aug 19 19:51:51.660084 2013] [authz_core:debug] [pid 568:tid 932]
> mod_authz_core.c(799): [client 172.17.1.15:2283] AH01626: authorization
> result of <RequireAny>: denied (no authenticated user yet)
> [Mon Aug 19 19:51:51.660084 2013] [authnz_ldap:debug] [pid 568:tid 932]
> mod_authnz_ldap.c(500): [client 172.17.1.15:2283] AH01691: auth_ldap
> authenticate: using URL
> ldap://172.17.1.1:3268/DC=isaac,DC=local?sAMAccountName?sub
> [Mon Aug 19 21:06:55.298940 2013] [mpm_winnt:error] [pid 568:tid 964]
> AH00326: Server ran out of threads to serve requests. Consider raising the
> ThreadsPerChild setting
As I replied you privately I cannot investigate provided dumps because
you're using CollabNet distribution and I don't have access to PDB
files required for crash dumps debugging.

But from what I see process is stuck in
libaprutil-1.dll!000000007489fc50(), given the last message in debug
log is "auth_ldap authenticate: using URL" it most likely problem with
communication with LDAP server (ldap protocol implemented in
libapr-util). It could be misconfiguration or bug in libapr-util.

-- 
Ivan Zhakov
Received on 2013-08-20 12:16:29 CEST

This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Users mailing list.