[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

Re: Subversion 1.8 httpd.exe taking 100% CPU

From: <valentijnscholten_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2013 03:47:53 -0700 (PDT)

On Tuesday, August 20, 2013 12:15:32 PM UTC+2, Ivan Zhakov wrote:
>
> On Tue, Aug 20, 2013 at 2:05 PM, <valentij..._at_gmail.com <javascript:>>
> wrote:
> > On Tuesday, August 20, 2013 10:47:22 AM UTC+2, Ivan Zhakov wrote:
> >>>
> >>> On Tue, Aug 20, 2013 at 12:20 PM, <valentij..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> >>> > On Monday, August 19, 2013 5:41:55 PM UTC+2, Dinesh Hirani wrote:
> >>> >>
> >>> >> I did not find a solution however I wrote an monitor application
> that
> >>> >> checks if the httpd.exe process hits 100%, if so I KILL the process
> >>> >> and
> >>> >> CollabNet then restarts another instance.
> >>>
> > Last night the problem occurred again, this time I had debug logging
> enabled
> > for apache, and left it running for a while.
> >
> > Error log shows last succesfull requests at 19:51. Some hours later all
> > apache threads are busy, as reported in the error log:
> >
> > Mon Aug 19 19:51:49.378688 2013] [authz_core:debug] [pid 568:tid 932]
> > mod_authz_core.c(799): [client 172.17.1.15:2283] AH01626: authorization
> > result of <RequireAny>: denied (no authenticated user yet)
> > [Mon Aug 19 19:51:51.660084 2013] [authz_core:debug] [pid 568:tid 932]
> > mod_authz_core.c(799): [client 172.17.1.15:2283] AH01626: authorization
> > result of Require valid-user : denied (no authenticated user yet)
> > [Mon Aug 19 19:51:51.660084 2013] [authz_core:debug] [pid 568:tid 932]
> > mod_authz_core.c(799): [client 172.17.1.15:2283] AH01626: authorization
> > result of <RequireAny>: denied (no authenticated user yet)
> > [Mon Aug 19 19:51:51.660084 2013] [authnz_ldap:debug] [pid 568:tid 932]
> > mod_authnz_ldap.c(500): [client 172.17.1.15:2283] AH01691: auth_ldap
> > authenticate: using URL
> > ldap://172.17.1.1:3268/DC=isaac,DC=local?sAMAccountName?sub
> > [Mon Aug 19 21:06:55.298940 2013] [mpm_winnt:error] [pid 568:tid 964]
> > AH00326: Server ran out of threads to serve requests. Consider raising
> the
> > ThreadsPerChild setting
> As I replied you privately I cannot investigate provided dumps because
> you're using CollabNet distribution and I don't have access to PDB
> files required for crash dumps debugging.
>
> But from what I see process is stuck in
> libaprutil-1.dll!000000007489fc50(), given the last message in debug
> log is "auth_ldap authenticate: using URL" it most likely problem with
> communication with LDAP server (ldap protocol implemented in
> libapr-util). It could be misconfiguration or bug in libapr-util.
>
> With subversion edge 3.x we used to have the same problem, until I changed
the ldap settings to connect to AD port 3268 instead of 389.
With 3268 the problem was solved. But in subversion edge 4.x the problem is
back, probably because of the upgrade to apache 2.4
We have had other problems with apache 2.4 on windows.
 
Received on 2013-08-20 12:48:32 CEST

This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Users mailing list.