[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

Repository crawls to a halt after some use

From: Sigfred Håversen <suselist_at_mumak.com>
Date: 2003-09-22 01:00:43 CEST

Sometimes accessing the repository will hang, or be very very slow. Subsequent
access to the repository will still be slow/hang.

Example : When running stress.pl that is in the tools directory, the scripts
will hang (at version 90 or so). A 'top' shows that the machine is basically
idle, and there is plenty of available RAM. A manual checkout of the
"repostress" repository (after halting the scripts with "touch stop") will
just hang, but the CPU is idle.

I do have another repository that I imported (15MB, 1800 files) that I can
checkout/update quickly from either http or https.

Does anyone have a suggestion to what is happening?

The installation is on an OpenBSD 3.4 Beta running on a P4.

I installed : db-4.1.25.NC.tar.gz with patch.4.1.25.html, httpd-2.0.47.tar.gz
libtool-1.4.1.tar.gz and subversion-0.29.0.tar.gz

However, during make of subversion I get several messages of the following :

cd subversion/libsvn_subr && /bin/sh
/home/sigfred/devel/subversion-0.29.0/libtool --silent --mode=link gcc -g -g
-pthread -DNEON_ZLIB -DSVN
_DEBUG -DAP_DEBUG -Wpointer-arith -Wwrite-strings -Wshadow
-L/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.1/lib -L/var/www/lib -rpath /usr/local/lib -o
libsvn_subr-1.la auth.lo cmdline.lo config.lo config_auth.lo config_file.lo
config_win.lo error.lo getdate.lo hash.lo io.lo md5.lo opt.lo path.lo
pool.lo quoprint.lo sorts.lo stream.lo subst.lo svn_base64.lo svn_string.lo
target.lo time.lo utf.lo validate.lo xml.lo /usr/lib/libaprutil-0.la -ldb
-lexpat /usr/lib/libapr-0.la -lm -lresolv

*** Warning: linker path does not have real file for library -lresolv.
*** I have the capability to make that library automatically link in when
*** you link to this library. But I can only do this if you have a
*** shared version of the library, which you do not appear to have
*** because I did check the linker path looking for a file starting
*** with libresolv and none of the candidates passed a file format test
*** using a file magic. Last file checked: /usr/lib/libresolv.a
*** The inter-library dependencies that have been dropped here will be
*** automatically added whenever a program is linked with this library
*** or is declared to -dlopen it.

The configure for libtool and Berkeley DB was given no options by me, but for
httpd and subversion the configure are as follows :

configured by ./configure, generated by GNU Autoconf 2.54,
  with options \"'--enable-ssl' '--enable-mods-shared=all'
'--enable-layout=OpenBSD' '--with-berkeley-db=/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.1'\"

subversion config.status 0.29.0
configured by ./configure, generated by GNU Autoconf 2.57,
  with options \"'--enable-maintainer-mode' '--with-ssl'
'--with-libs=/usr/lib/apache' '--with-apr=/usr/bin'
'--with-apr-util=/usr/bin' '--with-berkeley-db=/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.1'


To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@subversion.tigris.org
For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@subversion.tigris.org
Received on Mon Sep 22 01:01:57 2003

This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Users mailing list.

This site is subject to the Apache Privacy Policy and the Apache Public Forum Archive Policy.