Lübbe Onken | RA Consulting wrote:
> Hi Steve,
> I just took a shot at translating the latest resource changes. If I
> understand it correctly, you are passing parameters like "file" or
> "folder" into strings like "Keep the %s from the repository".
> The problem for translators now is that the article should be part of
> the parameter, because file and folder have (at least in German)
> different articles :)
> Probably the same for strings like: "The last %s operation tried to
> %s the %s '%s', but it already exists unversioned locally." and the
> parameters "add", "delete", ....
> In this case I see two problems: 1) I can not be sure, but I assume
> that I have to translate "add" with "hinzuzufügen" instead of
> "hinzufügen" to get a meaningful sentence.
> And (bigger problem): 2) To get a proper German sentence again, some
> of the parameters should be swapped
> English: The last %s operation tried to #add# the #files# '%s'
> German: Die letzte %s Operation versuchte #hinzu(zu)fügen# die
> #Dateien# '%s'
> - From a Germans point of view with a little sense for language, this
> is unacceptable. Is there a chance to number the parameters and pick
> the correct one in the formatting string, like:
> English: "The last %0:s operation tried to %1:s the %2:s '%3:s'"
> German: "Die letzte %0:s Operation versuchte %2:s die %1:s '%3:s'"
> This would allow the translator to put the noun and verb in the
> correct order again in German and other languages.
> At least in Delphi I can do (and use) this regularly for my
I've changed the strings in r14576, it should be much better now for
oo // \\ "De Chelonian Mobile"
(_,\/ \_/ \ TortoiseSVN
\ \_/_\_/> The coolest Interface to (Sub)Version Control
/_/ \_\ http://tortoisesvn.net
Received on 2008-11-10 19:47:56 CET