At the hackathon we (me, Stefan Hett, Stefan Fuhrmann, Bert, Julian)
discussed migrating our wiki from the current MoinMoin
(wiki.apache.org/subversion) to the ASF Confluence instance
(cwiki.apache.org). This has been discussed / tried before , but
let's have another try.
* Make it possible to set up pages that anyone can edit, after
creating an account without interaction with some administrator /
moderator (in moinmoin, a new account needs to be activated by someone
with admin privileges -- too much friction).
- example that triggered this: let's keep a list of distributors /
packagers, and a list of tool vendors / integrators -- would be nice
if people could add themselves to such a page. Apart from that we want
more people to contribute to all kinds of docs / design / discussion.
* Faster editing / saving (moinmoin still has performance problems).
* In general: making it easier and nicer for anyone to contribute,
lowering barriers, ...
* Additional benefit: user accounts are shared between the ASF JIRA
and Confluence instances.
How to do it?
* Just copy / paste (or export / import) existing pages (keeping the
last author or something), it's no must to keep history.
* What about existing links to our pages? Can we let them redirect
to the new pages?
* We should ask around with other ASF projects that have done this.
We still need to figure out some details on the "how", but regardless
we feel we should really just go ahead and do this. I'm willing to
spend some time on this myself (help is very welcome of course), if
the community agrees.
Johan (& Stefan, Stefan, Bert, Julian)
Received on 2017-11-24 12:21:18 CET