On 16.01.2015 11:06, Branko Čibej wrote:
> A couple months down the line, and I'd like to make another call for
> creating the 1.9 release branch. AFAICS the x509 branch still needs
> merging if we want it in 1.9 (which I think we do, since IIUC trunk
> currently does not handle all certs correctly).
> Anything else?
> I'd like to propose that we cut the branch and roll an RC (or a beta) in
> a couple weeks.
Looks like we're on track for branching around the beginning of next week.
* the x509 branch is on trunk;
* the heisenbug (actually, several heisenbugs) in ra-test seem to have
* Stefan^1 's pin-externals branch has been lazy-consensus'd for merge
to trunk (some changes still pending, but those don't have to happen
on the branch);
* The problem with Python bindings and Swig 3.0.x is, for now, assumed
to be a bug in Swig itself; I propose we disable support for Swig-3
for now (Swig-2 still works fine);
* Ivan and I agreed not to propose to merge the reuse-ra-session
branch in time for 1.9, we can merge it after the soak period an let
it marinate a bit on trunk for 1.10;
* Bert appears to be mostly finished with his (fantastic!) fixes for
working copy move handling and conflict resolution;
* buildbots are green.
If there are no further objections, and the pin-externals branch gets
merged soon-ish, I intend to create the 1.9 release branch on Sunday
night or Monday early morning (UTC). Ben has kindly been volunteered to
RM the first 1.9 release candidate
Received on 2015-02-12 11:13:17 CET