On 16.01.2015 11:06, Branko Čibej wrote:
> A couple months down the line, and I'd like to make another call for
> creating the 1.9 release branch. AFAICS the x509 branch still needs
> merging if we want it in 1.9 (which I think we do, since IIUC trunk
> currently does not handle all certs correctly).
> Anything else?
> I'd like to propose that we cut the branch and roll an RC (or a beta) in
> a couple weeks.
All right, it's been three weeks. During this time some massive code
churn has happened on trunk, and a couple branches (pin-externals and
reuse-ra-session) are assumed to be merge candidates for this release.
None of the above is really necessary for a 1.9 release, but since it's
here, let's please stabilize trunk for the branch. I propose this means:
* Do not begin any more massive changes on trunk; take them to a branch.
* Finish whatever you're doing and concentrate on bug fixes and
* Propose branch reviews/merge votes ASAP.
The latest last-minute changes introduced a heisencrash in ra-test, and
made some C tests run via DAV look for global credentials (e.g., the
keychain on the Mac). I haven't tracked these down yet, but surely we
can keep trunk more stable than that.
If there are no objections, I'd like to set the target date for creating
the 1.9 branch to a week from today. Further last-minute changes can
wait for 1.10; 1.9 is rapidly becoming the slowest release ever.
Received on 2015-02-08 17:03:04 CET