On Mon, Sep 19, 2011 at 11:54 AM, Hyrum K Wright
> I'm currently planning on rolling the final 1.7.0 release candidate
> this Thursday evening (UTC +0100). ¬†Assuming the tests pass and
> signatures are valid, I'll cut the final release from the same magic
> revision early next week, with the hope of releasing by weeks' end
> (folks won't need to retest if they already tested rc4).
> However, these dates are fluid, and depend on our feeling of
> releasability as a community. ¬†I'm uncomfortable making that decision
> on my own; I know there may be outstanding issues, but don't know
> their severity or impact. ¬†I therefore request an up-or-down vote of
> the above plan.
> Please, no +/-0 votes on this one. ¬†I'm asking you to take a stand,
> either in favor or against proceeding with the release. ¬†I *don't*
> want a couple of +1s and a bunch of +/-0's; we need to be sure we have
> broad community support behind this much-anticipated release.
> In other words, if you've got an objection, please voice it *NOW*.
> (Even if you don't have any objections, it's important to know that,
I'll do worse than a +/-0, a conditional +1 :-\
I'm +1 if r1173425 and r1173639 are backported, for the reasons
described in http://subversion.tigris.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=4013#desc3
If these changes are *not* backported then I'm -1
I won't argue with Ivan's suggestion in STATUS
that we extend the soak another two weeks, though I want to point out
that we are returning to the same API's we used since 1.5, *not*
adding anything new.
> uberSVN: Apache Subversion Made Easy
Received on 2011-09-21 23:40:16 CEST