I'm currently planning on rolling the final 1.7.0 release candidate
this Thursday evening (UTC +0100). Assuming the tests pass and
signatures are valid, I'll cut the final release from the same magic
revision early next week, with the hope of releasing by weeks' end
(folks won't need to retest if they already tested rc4).
However, these dates are fluid, and depend on our feeling of
releasability as a community. I'm uncomfortable making that decision
on my own; I know there may be outstanding issues, but don't know
their severity or impact. I therefore request an up-or-down vote of
the above plan.
Please, no +/-0 votes on this one. I'm asking you to take a stand,
either in favor or against proceeding with the release. I *don't*
want a couple of +1s and a bunch of +/-0's; we need to be sure we have
broad community support behind this much-anticipated release.
In other words, if you've got an objection, please voice it *NOW*.
(Even if you don't have any objections, it's important to know that,
uberSVN: Apache Subversion Made Easy
Received on 2011-09-19 17:54:51 CEST