> On Tue, Jul 26, 2011 at 1:48 PM, Hyrum K Wright
> <hyrum.wright_at_wandisco.com> wrote:
> > All,
> > 1.7.0-beta2 is out in the wild, and folks are testing it. I know
> > we're still fixing bug and STATUS is still a bit active, but how
> > folks feel about starting the release candidate train? Or, if
> > uncomfortable with that now, what are your criteria for doing so?
> > Reminder: small fixes can still go into the release branch after
> > first release candidate, and be included in the final release.
> > critical (read: blocking) issues will restart the soak.
> It looks like we've continued to have some churn and small bug
> which is great. I'm afk for the first part of next week, but would
> like to plan on a release candidate rolling on Thursday, Aug. 4.
> The one major simmering issue discussed elsewhere in this thread is
> the serf v. neon issue, and while I won't take sides (in this
> mail), I
> hope we can make a decision and be united in moving forward, simply
> because rehashing it every week is getting old.
> In other news, I had several comments about 1.7 while at OSCON this
> week, mainly from alumni of the project (Karl, Brian, Ben, etc),
> also from other corners. It's nice that people are noticing.
Frankly, as a user I was waiting for beta2 before I did any testing and would like to see one that went for a while before rolling an RC.
Received on 2011-08-01 19:42:02 CEST