[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

Re: [PATCH] Junit report for Subversion tests

From: Hyrum K. Wright <hyrum_at_hyrumwright.org>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 14:11:21 -0500

On Oct 22, 2009, at 1:17 PM, Bhuvaneswaran A wrote:

> On Thu, 2009-10-22 at 13:49 -0400, Mark Phippard wrote:
>> Before we backport it, let's be sure we have finished fine-tuning it
>> on trunk. For example, I do not think the times it is reporting is
>> right. 12 minutes for all the tests? I do not think so. Also see
>> this page that has times:
>> http://orac.ece.utexas.edu:8080/job/svn-trunk/294/testReport/(root)/

Kinda hopin' not to put that URL in the email archive just yet...

>> Being able to see trends in the test times is one of the things I am
>> hoping to get out of this so it would be good to be sure it is right.
> It's the time taken by "make check" process, yes! It seem to be a
> server
> with 4GB RAM having *4* processors, each running "Intel(R) Core(TM)2
> Quad CPU @ 2.66GHz". Hyrum, correct me if i'm wrong.

This is indeed the configuration of the machine.

> The sum of all >1 seconds test cases sum up to 12.6 minutes.

That does seem rather quick. I just ran 'make check' on a separate
working copy on the same machine, and got something different:
real 32m51.756s
user 6m40.321s
sys 6m27.504s

I don't know that this is a problem with the junit converter script,
or perhaps the test running reporting bogus ELAPSED times.

Another problem: on some of the test information pages, I see stuff
lock_tests-py.lock_tests.py 1: lock a file and verify that it&apos;s
The html entity looks a bit out-of-place.


Received on 2009-10-22 21:11:40 CEST

This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Dev mailing list.

This site is subject to the Apache Privacy Policy and the Apache Public Forum Archive Policy.