[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

Re: serious bug: a succession of "svn up" can yield a working copy with local changes

From: Vincent Lefevre <vincent+svn_at_vinc17.org>
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2009 16:51:58 +0200

On 2009-08-05 16:36:50 +0200, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
> Well, I've never used CVS for my personal files. The file comes in fact
> from RCS (but as CVS is based on RCS, this looks similar).
> I simply did the following in my SVN working copy:
> $ cp <the_file_in_question> lplain.bst
> $ svn add lplain.bst
> $ svn ci
> Note: at that time, I didn't add an Id keyword. I added the keyword
> in some later revision (with "svn ps", as usual).

Sorry, it was more complex. It was something like that:

[Directory tex]
$ cp <the_file_in_question> lplain.bst
$ svn add lplain.bst
$ svn ps svn:keywords "Id Date" lplain.bst
$ svn ci

Later I did a commit where I added a directory ensl/these, and in
particular, a svn cp, as the log shows:

r1950 | lefevre | 2003-12-08 13:30:36 +0100 (Mon, 08 Dec 2003) | 4 lines
Changed paths:
   A /ensl
   A /ensl/ex2
   A /ensl/ex2/ex2.c
   A /ensl/ex2/mktableb
   A /ensl/ex2/mktables
   A /ensl/ex2/mktablet
   A /ensl/ex2/mktablew
   A /ensl/ex2/preuve
   A /ensl/ex2/testex2
   A /ensl/ex2/timex2.c
   A /ensl/these
   A /ensl/these/annexe.tex
   A /ensl/these/cbfix
   A /ensl/these/chap1.tex
   A /ensl/these/chap2.tex
   A /ensl/these/chap3.tex
   A /ensl/these/chap4.tex
   A /ensl/these/concl.tex
   A /ensl/these/couv.tex
   A /ensl/these/defs.tex
   A /ensl/these/garde.tex
   A /ensl/these/intro.tex
   A /ensl/these/lplain.bst (from /tex/lplain.bst:1948)
   A /ensl/these/mkchanges
   A /ensl/these/notes_plan
   A /ensl/these/rem.tex
   A /ensl/these/resume.eng
   A /ensl/these/resume.fra
   A /ensl/these/slides.tex
   A /ensl/these/these.bib
   A /ensl/these/these.cls
   A /ensl/these/these.sty
   A /ensl/these/these.tex
   A /ensl/these/titre_res.tex

Before doing this commit, I removed the svn:keywords property on
ensl/these/lplain.bst (with "svn pdel"), and I modified the file
so that it was saying

$Id: lplain.bst,v 4.0 2000/01/31 18:11:53 vlefevre Exp $

but I hit a Subversion bug: the property wasn't removed (with a
possibly inconsistency between the working copy and the repository).
I really removed the property in r1953.

Vincent Lefèvre <vincent@vinc17.org> - Web: <http://www.vinc17.org/>
100% accessible validated (X)HTML - Blog: <http://www.vinc17.org/blog/>
Work: CR INRIA - computer arithmetic / Arenaire project (LIP, ENS-Lyon)
Received on 2009-08-05 16:52:49 CEST

This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Dev mailing list.

This site is subject to the Apache Privacy Policy and the Apache Public Forum Archive Policy.