On 2/6/07, Michael Sinz <Michael.Sinz@sinz.org> wrote:
> On 2/6/07, Ben Collins-Sussman <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> > On 2/5/07, Michael Sinz <Michael.Sinz@sinz.org> wrote:
You must have done this a long, long, time ago. We stopped allowing
> > control-characters to enter the repository (either in filenames or log
> > messages) in some pre-1.0 release.
> Looking at the date in the repository, it looks like this happened in the
> 1.2 timeframe (that server never ran less than SVN 1.1 since it is all
> FSFS and the April 25, 2005 date shows that it may have been running the
> 1.2 RC1 - don't know for sure)
> However, testing this now with SVN 1.4 trying to create a new repository
> and adding that file, it seems to not to add this to the repository.
> So, now I need to filter this out of the test repository as it is no
> longer a valid test case (and can not be added to the repository)
> I will see if I have time today to build a 1.1 SVN client and try it
I did build the client that my logs show I was using during this testing.
It was the 1.1.4 release of Subversion. It did allow me to add the file
with the "del" character (0x7f) but when I try to commit that to the server
running 1.4.3, it does not allow it.
Committing it to a local FSFS repository using Subversion 1.1.4 did work.
(I have not tried BDB as my build environment is not set up for doing that
test right now)
So, this "bug" is not a bug in current (1.4.3) release and the server does
prevent the entry of this data. However it does look like Subversion
1.1.4(and most likely all
1.1.x releases) do/did allow this.
Michael Sinz Technology and Engineering Director/Consultant
"Starting Startups" mailto:Michael.Sinz@sinz.org
My place on the web http://www.sinz.org/Michael.Sinz
Received on Tue Feb 6 15:48:21 2007