[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

Re: [Bug] Language Mix in Subversion messages

From: Martin v. L÷wis <Martin.vonLoewis_at_hpi.uni-potsdam.de>
Date: 2006-08-18 15:53:42 CEST

Mathias Weinert schrieb:
>> To overcome the limitation, the client would need to
>> communicate its UI language first, so that the server could
>> format the message in the right language. That's likely a
>> big change. The exact mechanism should probably depend on
>> the access protocol; for DAV, sending and processing
>> Accept-Language seems to be a compatible protocol
>> extension.
>
> If the server was able to translate the message according to a parameter
> it receives from the client, the client should be able to translate the
> message before printing it, too.

No, that won't work. The message received from the server already has
the parameter substituted (%s, %d, etc), and the client can't "undo"
that. Also, the complete message might have been generated through
concatenation of individual messages, which the client, again, can't
split "correctly".

>> DAV request failed; it's possible that the repository's
>> pre-revprop-change hook either failed or is non-existent
>> At least one property change failed; repository is unchanged
>>
>> So you should also report what access mechanism you have
>> used; I've used https here.
>
> I used svn protocol.

Ah, ok, that explains why you don't see the "DAV" message.

Regards,
Martin

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@subversion.tigris.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@subversion.tigris.org
Received on Fri Aug 18 15:54:31 2006

This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Dev mailing list.

This site is subject to the Apache Privacy Policy and the Apache Public Forum Archive Policy.