[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

Re: 1.2 rc-1. "svn up" <locked file edited by another user> -- reports errors and does not delete tmp files

From: <kfogel_at_collab.net>
Date: 2005-04-18 20:18:52 CEST

Thanks for the excellent script! This is indeed a bug. We've filed:

   http://subversion.tigris.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=2278

...and we're working on it now.

-Karl

Moisei <moisei@gmail.com> writes:
> Hello dear all,
> I just installed the 1.2 and run fast test for the locks.
> Most of the scenarios are worked well for me lock/edit/unlock, etc.
> (THANKS to dev. really perfect job)
> So, i went and tried the real case when two users would work on the same file
> one of them is locked and edited it and another one is going to update her repo,
> indid I used the svn:needs-lock property.
> This scenario did not work well - even the file has been updated,
> it took a lot of time and svn reported errors while update
> and after update tmp files are still present in my working copy dir.
> I created the batch file that reproduces the issue.
> I am not sure whether attachments are allowed in this list, so
> I both attach it and add as a raw text in the end of the file
>
> my exactly environment:
> Dual Xeon 2.8 Hz, 2 Gb RAM,
> windows 2000 server SP 4
>
> svn precompiled binaries from
> http://subversion.tigris.org/files/documents/15/22097/svn-win32-1.2.0-rc1.zip
> D:\Temp\TestSvnWC\trunk>svn version
> svn, version 1.2.0 (Release Candidate 1)
> compiled Apr 17 2005, 02:25:07
>
>
> here is the sample output that I got from the script
> ...
> svn: In directory 'C:\temp\reproduce\wc1'
> svn: Can't move 'C:\temp\reproduce\wc1\foo.txt.tmp' to
> 'C:\temp\reproduce\wc1\foo.txt': Access is denied.
> U C:\temp\reproduce\wc1\foo.txt
> after update c:/temp/reproduce\wc1 contains
> foo.txt
> foo.txt.2.tmp
> foo.txt.tmp
>
>
> --
> Best Regards,
> Moisei
> the batch file to reproduce (edit the test dir location, otherwise
> c:\temp\reproduce is used)
>
> -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> @echo off
>
> REM CHANGE TO THE TEMP FOLDER WHERE TEST WILL BE RUN
> REM NOTE the slashes must be a "UNIX" slashes
> set tstDir=c:/temp/reproduce
>
> REM NO NEED TO CHANGE ANYTHING BELOW
>
> rem prepare test
> rmdir /S /Q "%tstDir%"
> mkdir "%tstDir%" > nul
> rem prepare repo
> mkdir "%tstDir%\repo" > nul
> svnadmin create "%tstDir%\repo\tst"
> rem prepare wc and add 1 file
> set wc=%tstDir%\wc
> mkdir "%wc%" > nul
> svn checkout "file:///%tstDir%/repo/tst" "%wc%"
> set foo=%wc%/foo.txt
> echo blabla > "%foo%"
> svn add "%foo%" > nul
> svn propset svn:needs-lock true "%foo%"
> svn commit "%foo%" -m "commit file"
>
> set wc1=%wc%1
> mkdir "%wc1%"
> svn checkout "file:///%tstDir%/repo/tst" "%wc1%"
> svn lock "%foo%" -m "take a lock"
> echo klakla >> "%foo%"
> svn commit "%foo%" -m "edited after lock"
>
> rem now the bug:
> set foo1=%wc1%/foo.txt
> echo ****************************************
> echo PREPARATION IS DONE. NOW THE ISSUE DEMONSTRATION
> echo the %foo1% should be updated in the %wc1% because it has been
> edited in the %wc%
> echo after update the file *IS* updated
> echo BUT errors are reported and temporary files are present int he working copy
>
> echo before update %wc1% contains
> dir /B "%wc1%"
>
> svn update "%wc1%"
>
> echo after update %wc1% contains
> dir /B "%wc1%"
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@subversion.tigris.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@subversion.tigris.org

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@subversion.tigris.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@subversion.tigris.org
Received on Mon Apr 18 20:48:28 2005

This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Dev mailing list.