[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

Re: 1.2 rc-1. "svn up" <locked file edited by another user> -- reports errors and does not delete tmp files

From: Moisei <moisei_at_gmail.com>
Date: 2005-04-18 21:47:41 CEST

Hi, sorry to post here, I just did not find a way to comment the issue
in the tracker.
you write:
>> Short summary: on Windows, you can't rename A to B if B already exists and is
>> read-only.
I just would like to mention that file *IS* updated in the another repository...
I would suggest the problem is a "source" file rather than the target.
It seems the rename call (whatever API is used) manages to override the target
but cannot remove the source (the tmp file).

Hope it helps,
Best Regards,
Moisei.

18 Apr 2005 13:18:52 -0500, kfogel@collab.net <kfogel@collab.net>:
> Thanks for the excellent script! This is indeed a bug. We've filed:
>
> http://subversion.tigris.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=2278
>
> ...and we're working on it now.
>
> -Karl
>
> Moisei <moisei@gmail.com> writes:
> > Hello dear all,
> > I just installed the 1.2 and run fast test for the locks.
> > Most of the scenarios are worked well for me lock/edit/unlock, etc.
> > (THANKS to dev. really perfect job)
> > So, i went and tried the real case when two users would work on the same file
> > one of them is locked and edited it and another one is going to update her repo,
> > indid I used the svn:needs-lock property.
> > This scenario did not work well - even the file has been updated,
> > it took a lot of time and svn reported errors while update
> > and after update tmp files are still present in my working copy dir.
> > I created the batch file that reproduces the issue.
> > I am not sure whether attachments are allowed in this list, so
> > I both attach it and add as a raw text in the end of the file
> >
> > my exactly environment:
> > Dual Xeon 2.8 Hz, 2 Gb RAM,
> > windows 2000 server SP 4
> >
> > svn precompiled binaries from
> > http://subversion.tigris.org/files/documents/15/22097/svn-win32-1.2.0-rc1.zip
> > D:\Temp\TestSvnWC\trunk>svn version
> > svn, version 1.2.0 (Release Candidate 1)
> > compiled Apr 17 2005, 02:25:07
> >
> >
> > here is the sample output that I got from the script
> > ...
> > svn: In directory 'C:\temp\reproduce\wc1'
> > svn: Can't move 'C:\temp\reproduce\wc1\foo.txt.tmp' to
> > 'C:\temp\reproduce\wc1\foo.txt': Access is denied.
> > U C:\temp\reproduce\wc1\foo.txt
> > after update c:/temp/reproduce\wc1 contains
> > foo.txt
> > foo.txt.2.tmp
> > foo.txt.tmp
> >
> >
> > --
> > Best Regards,
> > Moisei
> > the batch file to reproduce (edit the test dir location, otherwise
> > c:\temp\reproduce is used)
> >
> > -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> > @echo off
> >
> > REM CHANGE TO THE TEMP FOLDER WHERE TEST WILL BE RUN
> > REM NOTE the slashes must be a "UNIX" slashes
> > set tstDir=c:/temp/reproduce
> >
> > REM NO NEED TO CHANGE ANYTHING BELOW
> >
> > rem prepare test
> > rmdir /S /Q "%tstDir%"
> > mkdir "%tstDir%" > nul
> > rem prepare repo
> > mkdir "%tstDir%\repo" > nul
> > svnadmin create "%tstDir%\repo\tst"
> > rem prepare wc and add 1 file
> > set wc=%tstDir%\wc
> > mkdir "%wc%" > nul
> > svn checkout "file:///%tstDir%/repo/tst" "%wc%"
> > set foo=%wc%/foo.txt
> > echo blabla > "%foo%"
> > svn add "%foo%" > nul
> > svn propset svn:needs-lock true "%foo%"
> > svn commit "%foo%" -m "commit file"
> >
> > set wc1=%wc%1
> > mkdir "%wc1%"
> > svn checkout "file:///%tstDir%/repo/tst" "%wc1%"
> > svn lock "%foo%" -m "take a lock"
> > echo klakla >> "%foo%"
> > svn commit "%foo%" -m "edited after lock"
> >
> > rem now the bug:
> > set foo1=%wc1%/foo.txt
> > echo ****************************************
> > echo PREPARATION IS DONE. NOW THE ISSUE DEMONSTRATION
> > echo the %foo1% should be updated in the %wc1% because it has been
> > edited in the %wc%
> > echo after update the file *IS* updated
> > echo BUT errors are reported and temporary files are present int he working copy
> >
> > echo before update %wc1% contains
> > dir /B "%wc1%"
> >
> > svn update "%wc1%"
> >
> > echo after update %wc1% contains
> > dir /B "%wc1%"
> >
> > ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> > To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@subversion.tigris.org
> > For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@subversion.tigris.org
>

-- 
Best Regards,
Moisei
---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@subversion.tigris.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@subversion.tigris.org
Received on Mon Apr 18 21:48:41 2005

This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Dev mailing list.