[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

Re: Possible issue triggered by repos reorg (including repro script)

From: Ben Collins-Sussman <sussman_at_collab.net>
Date: 2005-04-16 16:08:47 CEST

On Apr 16, 2005, at 7:12 AM, Philip Martin wrote:

> Matt Doran <matt.doran@papercut.biz> writes:
>
>> Recently I did some reorganisation of our repos, renaming a project
>> and setting up the trunk/branches/tags structure. Our original
>> structure was simply ...
>>
>> /projects/p1
>>
>> I then moved the "p1" folder so that it was the "trunk" folder, and
>> change the project folder name as shown below:
>>
>> /projects/n1/trunk
>>
>> After doing that, all working copies that pointed to the original
>> project were then relocated with "switch --relocate" .... but they
>> could no longer be updated.
>
> Your mistake was to use --relocate, you should have simply switched to
> the new URL.
>

Correct. --relocate is only for changing the SVNROOT of the URL. It
only works when the SVNROOT changes, but working copy still represents
the same directory in the repository. If the working copy needs to
reflect a different directory within the repos, then plain old 'switch'
is what's needed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@subversion.tigris.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@subversion.tigris.org
Received on Sat Apr 16 16:10:58 2005

This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Dev mailing list.