[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

svn blame and filenames with non-ascii chars

From: SteveKing <steveking_at_gmx.ch>
Date: 2003-12-13 13:40:10 CET

Hi,

Yesterday I got some error reports that TSVN
can't do the "blame" command on files with
non-ascii chars in the filename. I could reproduce
the described behaviour, but failed to find the bug
in the TSVN code. So I tried the command line
client version 0.34 - and that one didn't work
either.
The blame command works fine for both TSVN
and the command line client if the filename has
only "normal" ascii chars in it, but fails for both
if the filename has non-ascii chars.

I tried to step through the subversion code,
but soon got lost somewhere in the apr hash
part - sorry for not being more helpful.

What I found was that:
- the filename/path is encoded correctly in
  utf8 before passing it to svn_client_blame()
- the "entries" file in the .svn directory does
  contain that file too, correctly encoded in utf8.

Steps to reproduce:

- add a file with a special name to wc (e.g. ".txt")
  and commit
- change the file and commit (not sure if that's really needed to
reproduce)
- try 'svn blame <filepath_to_that_file>'
svn: Error string not specified yet
svn: Missing changed-path information for revision 3 of '%C3%A4%C3%B6%C3%B
C%C3%84%C3%96%C3%9C.txt'

Stefan

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@subversion.tigris.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@subversion.tigris.org
Received on Sat Dec 13 13:41:33 2003

This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Dev mailing list.

This site is subject to the Apache Privacy Policy and the Apache Public Forum Archive Policy.