This (still pre-alpha) release of Subversion focuses on usability
issues. We've fixed many memory usage bugs, improved error-reporting,
and 'svn log' now operates correctly on individual paths, among other
As usual, a 0.10.0 sourceball has been uploaded to the "Downloads"
section of subversion.tigris.org. If you don't already have a
Subversion working copy, you can use this sourceball to "bootstrap" to
the latest version:
Here's the CHANGES entry:
* fewer out-of-memory errors: (see "memory consumption" below)
* clearer user errors:
- detailed marshalling of server errors to client
- better errors from ra_dav
- better commandline-client-specific error messages
* 'svn log' now works on single paths correctly
* show locked directories in 'svn status'
* 'svnadmin lstxns' improvements, and new --long switch
* commits show "Replacing" instead of "Deleting/Adding" (#571)
* commits show progress on postfix txdeltas.
* reduced memory consumption
- new Editor interface that manages pools automatically
- conversion of most existing editors to new system
- have libsvn_fs write data to DB streamily
- reduce DB logfile growth via 'duplicate keys'
- stop using one pool for post-commit processing
- stop using one pool for sending all textdeltas
- many, many other pool-usage improvements in libsvn_wc, ra_dav, etc.
* start of work on 'svn merge": issue 504, and diff3 integration
* start of work on disjoint-url detection: issue 575
* start removing stringbuf path library funcs; use new const char * funcs
* better python 2.X detection in test suite
* svnlook uses single tempdir
* build system evolution
- upgrade to neon 0.19.[2-3]
- lots of work on FreeBSD port
* many small bugfixes:
- propedit, file merges, revert, dir_delta, keywords
- memory leaks in 'svn add', 'svn import/commit', and svnlook
- date-parsing and readonly bugs
To unsubscribe, e-mail: email@example.com
For additional commands, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Received on Sat Mar 9 00:33:25 2002