[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

Re: CVS update: subversion/subversion/libsvn_delta delta.h xml_output.c xml_parse.c

From: Greg Stein <gstein_at_lyra.org>
Date: 2001-02-10 00:53:07 CET

On Fri, Feb 09, 2001 at 11:14:20PM -0000, cmpilato@tigris.org wrote:
> User: cmpilato
> Date: 01/02/09 15:14:20
> Modified: subversion/libsvn_delta delta.h xml_output.c xml_parse.c
> Log:
> * libsvn_delta/delta.h
> Added #defines for the various XML tag names and attribute names used by
> the xml parser and xml output routines in this module.

Note: some people may wonder why we should use a #define for a string
because every time we change the string, we gotta go rename the #define and
later the string anyways (e.g. extra work). Well, kiddies... you only have
to check for typos once with a #define; raw strings leads to all kinds of
nasty typos that are a hella-bitch to find. With #defines, you get
compilation errors instead.

> * libsvn_delta/xml-parse.c
> * libsvn_delta/xml-output.c
> Modified various functions to use the newly abstracted XML tag names and
> attribute names found in delta.h instead of explicitly referencing char
> strings.
> All of the above was done in anticipation of (yea, as a precursor
> to) a slew of editor interface changes that I'll soon be working on,
> which will inevitably result in changes to the XML DTD as well. Greg
> Stein, please put on your Namespace Protection Police cap and make
> sure that new brain I ordered this morning is working better than my
> old one.

hehe... looks fine to me. I'm simply interested in sharing what you were
smoking yesterday :-)


Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/
Received on Sat Oct 21 14:36:21 2006

This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Dev mailing list.

This site is subject to the Apache Privacy Policy and the Apache Public Forum Archive Policy.