[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

Re: APR Changes to apr_stat and apr_getfileinfo

From: Greg Stein <gstein_at_lyra.org>
Date: 2001-01-23 23:47:45 CET

On Tue, Jan 23, 2001 at 12:33:20PM -0600, Ben Collins-Sussman wrote:
> Kevin Pilch-Bisson <kevin@pilch-bisson.net> writes:
> > I did a CVS update today, and noticed that the APR interface has changed
> > for apr_stat and apr_getfileinfo to accept an argument for what info
> > should be returned. I changed the three files to retrieve the normal
> > information you would expect from a unix stat call. Here is the diff:
> Just reviewed your patch, Kevin, and it looks great. You've fixed all
> the (recently) broken apr_stat() calls we were making. I'll apply the
> patch very soon.
> However, the tree still won't build right now because apr_item_t just
> vanished from APR, and libsvn_subr/keysort.c was depending heavily on
> it. I need to fix this problem as well when I commit.

apr_item_t was part of the "btable" interface which has been removed. I'd
suggest that keysort define its own structure rather than rely on an APR
structure that "happens" to match its needs.

Note that it isn't even following the semantics of the old apr_item_t type.
It is using ((key, size), data) -- associating the size with the key. But
the docs on apr_item_t associate the size with the data instead.

apr_item_t shouldn't have been used, so it seems "right" to change keysort.c
to use an SVN structure.


Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/
Received on Sat Oct 21 14:36:19 2006

This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Dev mailing list.

This site is subject to the Apache Privacy Policy and the Apache Public Forum Archive Policy.