There were the steps I followed to get to the problem:
- I had an old 1.6.x wc that was also not uptodate and had some local modifications (but no modifications in the file I had problems with)
- I did an "SVN upgrade working copy" and everything worked
- I started to do an update from the root of my wc, but since it was taking very long I cancelled it (using Tortoise cancel button)
- Then I tried to update only the directory I am interested in, but it did not work and I had to run cleanup. So far no problems.
- Then, before I started the update again I did a "SVN check for modifications" and this brought me the file I had problems with. Since I did not remember of any changes in that file I decided do execute a "revert" on it, that was when it was deleted.
- After that I tried to do an update and cleanup but nothing else worked.
From: MARTIN PHILIP [codematters_at_ntlworld.com] On Behalf Of Philip Martin [philip.martin_at_wandisco.com]
Sent: 28 November 2011 16:33
To: Cronemberger, Constantino
Subject: Re: bug 4035 is not really fixed
"Cronemberger, Constantino" <Constantino.Cronemberger_at_gft.com> writes:
> I managed to find the file, then I delete it using "delete from
> work_queue" and finally I executed "svn cleanup" and "svn update" and
> got the same error again.
> At last I found that the file that was causing the problem was in fact
> deleted by SVN, so I created an empty file with the same name but with
> no content (it was a .doc file) and it is working again.
> Not sure why the file was deleted because I can see it is still in the
> server. I think it was deleted because I tried to execute "svn revert"
> when all my problems started.
I'd really like a more complete description of what you did so that we
can reproduce it.
Received on 2011-11-28 19:59:30 CET