Moving Repositories to New server
From: Phil Pinkerton <pcpinkerton_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2011 10:35:02 -0400
Are there any know issues with regards to moving Repositories from one
Will the old Repositories maintain their current SVN revision ?
Current platform Sun Solaris 10: SVN 1.6.5
Planned steps (Creating a script for the dumps and loads as there as a
(1) Freeze the repository . Take a dump of the repository.
(2) Verify the file is dumped correctly by making sure that the last
(3) Copy the dump file over to the new server. Verify that the file is
(4) Load the dump
(5) Verify the load.
(6) Migrate and hook scripts or authorization files over.
(7) Verify the scripts and configuration files work.
(8) If you have a name for the server for accessing it. You might have
a. use switch ?
(9) Unfreeze the repository.
Questions : Switch vs relocate ?
-- " The fundamental principle here is that the justification for a physical concept lies exclusively in its clear and unambiguous relation to the facts that it can be experienced" AE Please Feed and Educate the Children... it's the least any of us can do.Received on 2011-07-26 16:35:36 CEST
This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Users mailing list.