On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 11:19 PM, Markus Schaber
> Hi, Geoff,
> Von: Geoff Hoffman [mailto:ghoffman_at_cardinalpath.com]
> >>> I have a file with some (I believe) Portuguese characters in the
> >>> filename that someone managed to store in the repo without any problem,
> >>> and I checked it out without issues, too. However, now on my working
> >>> copy, it thinks that file is locally new.
> >> Maybe it helps if you use a repo browser to rename the file to an
> >> ASCII-Only name directly in the repository?
> > That's all I ever really wanted to do, but I cannot, at least, I don't
> know how to type the characters in the
> > filename of the file in svn without copy-paste from the svn ls terminal
> output on Mac OS X, which I think has
> > already converted the filename it just printed, so I get a file not found
> error when I try to rename or delete
> > it. It may have worked if I had ssh'd into the RHEL server, not sure.
> It's a bit unclear.
> I thought of some graphical repository browser (like the one built into
> TortoiseSVN for example, I guess such things also exist for MacOS), it lets
> you browse the repository and select the file to rename directly in the
> repository, without the need of a local checkout / working copy.
Yeah, if I had more time I probably should fiddle with it. Our one guy here
on Windows using Tortoise has no issues with the same file, so it is indeed
a problem specific to Mac, as Stefan pointed out. Given that the issue
presents itself in Terminal and NetBeans IDE, it's safe to say any other
graphical SVN client on Mac would complain, too, but I didn't test it. IIRC
the graphical clients are using the command line under the hood.
Received on 2011-06-16 18:24:55 CEST