[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

Re: Subversion 1.6.6 Released

From: Hyrum K. Wright <hyrum_at_hyrumwright.org>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 13:21:37 -0500

On Oct 22, 2009, at 12:54 PM, Todd C. Gleason wrote:

>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: Mark Phippard [mailto:markphip_at_gmail.com]
>> Sent: Thursday, October 22, 2009 11:43 AM
>> To: Bolstridge, Andrew
>> Cc: users_at_subversion.tigris.org
>> Subject: Re: Subversion 1.6.6 Released
>> On Thu, Oct 22, 2009 at 1:16 PM, Bolstridge, Andrew
>> <andy.bolstridge_at_intergraph.com> wrote:
>>> I thought it had been fixed, but it obviously wasn't when I clicked
> the
>> link in Hyrum's original email.
>>> I'm using Windows, with Firefox 3.5, and the mime-type that is
> reported
>> when I click this link is application/octet-stream.
>>> However, I've just tried it in IE, and that looks correct so perhaps
>> firefox's cache or our firewall or our proxy or our caching server or
> the
>> anti-fun filtering server has gotten itself confused. Or I clicked
>> the
>> link before the server had been upgraded.
>>> Sorry to trouble you all, and thanks for fixing that issue.
>> Subversion's own server was not updated to 1.6.6 until mid-morning
>> today US Eastern time. So you probably hit the server when it was
>> still running 1.6.5.
> No, that wasn't it. I discovered just now that one of my machines
> could
> read the file fine, and the other (where I had loaded it yesterday)
> still said it was application/octet-stream. Clearing the Firefox
> cache
> actually resolved the problem . So either the old version of the
> Subversion server, or some oddity in Firefox was responsible for this.
> Either way, thanks.

All's well that ends well. Glad it works now.



To unsubscribe from this discussion, e-mail: [users-unsubscribe_at_subversion.tigris.org].
Received on 2009-10-22 20:22:51 CEST

This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Users mailing list.