[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

RE: Subversion 1.6.6 Released

From: Todd C. Gleason <tgleason_at_impac.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 10:54:35 -0700

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Mark Phippard [mailto:markphip_at_gmail.com]
> Sent: Thursday, October 22, 2009 11:43 AM
> To: Bolstridge, Andrew
> Cc: users_at_subversion.tigris.org
> Subject: Re: Subversion 1.6.6 Released
> On Thu, Oct 22, 2009 at 1:16 PM, Bolstridge, Andrew
> <andy.bolstridge_at_intergraph.com> wrote:
> > I thought it had been fixed, but it obviously wasn't when I clicked
> link in Hyrum's original email.
> >
> > I'm using Windows, with Firefox 3.5, and the mime-type that is
> when I click this link is application/octet-stream.
> >
> > However, I've just tried it in IE, and that looks correct so perhaps
> firefox's cache or our firewall or our proxy or our caching server or
> anti-fun filtering server has gotten itself confused. Or I clicked the
> link before the server had been upgraded.
> >
> > Sorry to trouble you all, and thanks for fixing that issue.
> Subversion's own server was not updated to 1.6.6 until mid-morning
> today US Eastern time. So you probably hit the server when it was
> still running 1.6.5.

No, that wasn't it. I discovered just now that one of my machines could
read the file fine, and the other (where I had loaded it yesterday)
still said it was application/octet-stream. Clearing the Firefox cache
actually resolved the problem . So either the old version of the
Subversion server, or some oddity in Firefox was responsible for this.
Either way, thanks.



To unsubscribe from this discussion, e-mail: [users-unsubscribe_at_subversion.tigris.org].
Received on 2009-10-22 19:56:49 CEST

This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Users mailing list.