I am using svnsync in the process of upgrading our server from 1.2.3 to
1.5.0. svnsync seems to be the most useful way to upgrade the
repositories in a "low-risk" way. Have the mirror repositories
"ready-to-go", and then do a quick swap on a weekend (I know, the
release notes say we don't have to upgrade the repositories, but I'd
like to upgrade anyway. Our repositories are in BDB format and I'd like
to move to FSFS.)
I have two suggestions for improvement to svnsync that I would find
1) Add an option to the 'init' command to set the dest repository's UUID
to match the source repository's.
2) Add an option to remove the sync parameters that were set up using
the 'init' command. Maybe 'deinit'. I.e. it would delete the properties
on revision 0 that svnsync init set up, such as svn:sync-from-url. This
will be useful when we swap over to the mirror repositories as our
primary repositories. Once we've done that, we don't want svnsync to do
anything disastrous if it's ever invoked on the repositories.
Do you think these ideas are reasonable? If so, is there some other
formal way to make such feature requests?
- The contents of this email, and any attachments, are strictly private and confidential.
- It may contain legally privileged or sensitive information and is intended solely for the individual or entity to which it is addressed.
- Only the intended recipient may review, reproduce, retransmit, disclose, disseminate or otherwise use or take action in reliance upon the information contained in this email and any attachments, with the permission of Australian Arrow Pty. Ltd.
- If you have received this communication in error, please reply to the sender immediately and promptly delete the email and attachments, together with any copies, from all computers.
- It is your responsibility to scan this communication and any attached files for computer viruses and other defects and we recommend that it be subjected to your virus checking procedures prior to use.
- Australian Arrow Pty. Ltd. does not accept liability for any loss or damage of any nature, howsoever caused, which may result directly or indirectly from this communication or any attached files.
- Please think before printing this email. Environmental Balance is Everyone's Job.
To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe_at_subversion.tigris.org
For additional commands, e-mail: users-help_at_subversion.tigris.org
Received on 2008-07-25 02:36:36 CEST