[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

Re: cvs2svn Failure--Bad CVS Reposotory?

From: Tom Browder <tom.browder_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2008 18:26:38 -0600

On Jan 6, 2008 4:14 PM, Ed Hillmann <ed.hillmann_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jan 5, 2008 6:50 AM, Tom Browder <tom.browder_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> > cvs2svn fails with a bad diff output:
> > I checked out the module and commanded:
> > % cvs diff -r1.1 X.txt
> > cvs [diff aborted]: unrecognized operation '\x43' in
> > Any ideas?
> One thing I came across when I converted my CVS repository to SVN
> using cvs2svn, was that the occasional .v file in the CVS repository
> contained Windows EOL characters in it, which threw the script off.
> Once I removed them from the .v file, everything worked for me.
> Hope this helps,
> Ed

Ed, thanks.

I've dived into the CVS code and see where the error is coming from,
and it's not a non-printing character as I originally suspected.
There's a note that the original author thought about reporting
precisely where the offending character is but considered portability
issues and rejected that idea.

I'm in the process of trying to use the CVS RCS code to parse an RCS
",v" file to see the individual elements and hope to find the culprit
that way (and I'm a captive audience and don't immediately have to
think portability, so I'll add some debug stuff to the CVS RCS code).
If I have any luck I'll report here


To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe_at_subversion.tigris.org
For additional commands, e-mail: users-help_at_subversion.tigris.org
Received on 2008-01-07 01:32:32 CET

This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Users mailing list.

This site is subject to the Apache Privacy Policy and the Apache Public Forum Archive Policy.