[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

Re: cvs2svn Failure--Bad CVS Reposotory?

From: Ed Hillmann <ed.hillmann_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2008 08:14:24 +1000

On Jan 5, 2008 6:50 AM, Tom Browder <tom.browder_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> cvs2svn fails with a bad diff output:
> ERROR: The command 'co -q -x,v -p1.1 -kk cvsroot/Xmodule/X.txt,v'
> failed with exit status=1
> and the following output:
> co: cvsroot/Xmodule/X.txt,v: bad diff output line: "Blah Blah"
> co aborted
> I checked out the module and commanded:
> % cd Xmodule
> % cvs diff -r1.1 X.txt
> cvs [diff aborted]: unrecognized operation '\x43' in
> /usr/local/cvsroot/Xmodule/X.txt,v
> I've tried 'od -c' on the file "/usr/local/cvsroot/Xmodule/X.txt,v"
> but haven't seen anything yet.
> Any ideas?

One thing I came across when I converted my CVS repository to SVN
using cvs2svn, was that the occasional .v file in the CVS repository
contained Windows EOL characters in it, which threw the script off.
Once I removed them from the .v file, everything worked for me.

Unfortunately, it was a trial and error approach. So it took me a few
attempts before I could get a clean run. But it was easy to fix, once
it was found.

Hope this helps,

To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe_at_subversion.tigris.org
For additional commands, e-mail: users-help_at_subversion.tigris.org
Received on 2008-01-06 23:14:49 CET

This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Users mailing list.

This site is subject to the Apache Privacy Policy and the Apache Public Forum Archive Policy.