[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

Re: Lost my repository, had to reinstall from backup to a different location/protocol

From: Jim Lynch <jimlynch1_at_gmail.com>
Date: 2007-03-10 19:42:14 CET

On 3/9/07, Ryan Schmidt <subversion-2007a@ryandesign.com> wrote:
> On Mar 9, 2007, at 14:17, Jim Lynch wrote:
> >>> No need to touch your .svn directories - it's an easy way to hose
> >>> your
> >>> working copy.
> >>>
> >>> Use svn switch --relocate <NEWURL>
> Should have been: svn switch --relocate <OLDURL> <NEWURL>
> <OLDURL> and <NEWURL> can be the smallest prefix of the urls that
> differs.

OK that's the problem. Fixed,

Thanks again,

Are the old repo and the new repo the same thing, or are they
> different repo's?
> That is, did you take the old repo and move it to a new location and
> are now trying to access it via a different protocol (old and new are
> same repo)? Or did you "svnadmin create" the new repo and import data
> into it (old and new repo are completely different)? If the latter,
> you cannot relocate a working copy to it, and must check out a new
> working copy.
> I used rsync to back it up to another Linux box. I restored the
repository to a different distro (FC4 to CentOS 4.4). The new one did not
work because of Berkeley DB issues so I used the svnadmin recover command to
fix per advice I found googling. That seemed to fix the problem. At least
I was able to checkout files.

All seems to be back working again. At least I can checkin and checkout,
which is most of what I need to be able to do.

Received on Sat Mar 10 19:42:35 2007

This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Users mailing list.

This site is subject to the Apache Privacy Policy and the Apache Public Forum Archive Policy.