[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

Re: db/current contents are wrong

From: Ken Mankoff <mankoff_at_gmail.com>
Date: 2006-06-14 17:40:19 CEST

On Wed, 14 Jun 2006, Garrett Rooney wrote:

> On 6/14/06, Ken Mankoff <mankoff@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi List,
>> Due to incorrect backups and a restore, my repository only goes up
>> to revision 242. However, we were at 553. The contents of
>> /repos/db/current are:
>> 242 447 1z
>> But db/revs/ contains everything up through 553.
>> Is it possible to fix this situation? 'svnadmin verify' reports
>> no problems, but only goes up to 242.
> I would suggest (mainly because Max Bowsher suggested it on IRC,
> and Max is really smart ;-) changing that first 242 to 553, then
> dumping the contents of the repository and reloading into a new
> repository, that'll ensure that the other two numbers in the
> current file are correct.
> Also, be sure to work from a copy of your repository, just in case
> you screw up and need to start over.

That sort-of worked. Changing the 242 to 553 and dumping dumped
everything up to 553. It appeared to work. When I tried the
'svnadmin load' command I could not get it to work.

So, I just changed the 242 to 553, then did a checkout, edited a
file, and checked it back in, and it worked.

Thanks (and thanks to Max too!)


To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@subversion.tigris.org
For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@subversion.tigris.org
Received on Wed Jun 14 18:08:18 2006

This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Users mailing list.

This site is subject to the Apache Privacy Policy and the Apache Public Forum Archive Policy.