[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

Re: Author keyword expansion is incorrect

From: John Allen <john.allen_at_orbiscom.com>
Date: 2006-02-03 09:43:04 CET

On Thu 02 Feb 2006 14:27, John Allen wrote:
> On Thu 19 Jan 2006 02:39, Lakshman Srilakshmanan wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > This is for the benefit of others who may read this mail.
> >
> > Since I did not receive any response I assumed my problem was unique.
> > I proceeded to run through my tests again and I could NOT replicate the
> > problem.
>
> The problem I believe is simple.
>
> You checked the file in with expanded keywords, before you enabled
> keywords. Therefore the file originally had $Author: scmop$ when you
> checked it in, and SVN will not change it on checkout.
>

To correct myself, it looks like the Author, and LastChangedBy are always the
same. This of course is incorrect.

Anyone know if this is fixed in 1.3?

> > It was late last night and I must have been seeing things.
> > Sorry for this.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Lakshman
> >
> >
> > -----Original Message-----
> > From: Lakshman Srilakshmanan
> > Sent: Wednesday, 18 January 2006 7:45 PM
> > To: users@subversion.tigris.org
> > Subject: Author keyword expansion is incorrect
> >
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I am experiencing a weird situation.
> >
> > I have user lakshman and scmop defined in my authentication file
> >
> > I checkout using svn co svn://lakshman@<hostname>/....... mytrunk
> > Password for 'lakshman':
> >
> >
> > svn info mytrunk
> >
> > Path: mytrunk
> > URL: svn://<hostname>/Enterprise/Common/trunk
> > Repository UUID: 5699e3bf-e909-0434-93ab-dd57e18ec440
> > Revision: 116
> > Node Kind: directory
> > Schedule: normal
> > Last Changed Author: scmop
> > Last Changed Rev: 116
> > Last Changed Date: 2006-01-18 19:18:04 +1100 (Wed, 18 Jan 2006)
> >
> >
> >
> > The Last Changed Author is always scmop. After I checked-in a new file
> > the "Last Changed Rev" and " Last Changed Date" is updated but not "
> > Last Changed Author"
> >
> > When I open a file that I have changed and committed, the $HeadURL$,
> > $Revision$ and $Date$ are updated correctly. But the $Author$ is updated
> > as "scmop".
> >
> > The svnserve is NOT running as scmop.
> >
> > Could someone please explain this to me. What am I doing wrong ??
> >
> > Thanks
> > Lakshman
> >
> >
> > ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> > To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@subversion.tigris.org
> > For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@subversion.tigris.org

-- 
John Allen,                          mailto:john.allen@orbiscom.com
Orbiscom Ltd,                        http://www.orbiscom.com
Block 1, 
Blackrock Business Park, 
Carysfort Avenue, 
Blackrock, 
Co. Dublin,
Ireland. 
Tel: +353-1-217.8603
Fax: +353-1-294.5119
Mobile: +353-085-1295486
Mandriva Linux release 2006.0 (Official) for i586, kernel 2.6.12-12mdksmp
 08:42:18 up 5 days, 22:02,  6 users,  load average: 0.38, 0.42, 0.29
---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@subversion.tigris.org
For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@subversion.tigris.org
Received on Fri Feb 3 09:44:26 2006

This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Users mailing list.