4.9 GB Art repo not recovering afert 1.1.4 upgrade to 1.2.0
From: Christopher Kreager <lanthief_at_gmail.com>
Date: 2005-07-01 01:00:46 CEST
Hello to all, you have a wonderful product that my team has been
Server System specs:
---- CPU at 18% Memory Free 70% Running: svnversion, version 1.2.0 (r14790) compiled May 22 2005, 22:40:26 Client: TortoiseSVN client 1.2.0 DB_CONFIG file: set_lk_max_locks 2000 set_lk_max_lockers 2000 set_lk_max_objects 2000 set_lg_bsize 2097152 set_lg_max 8388608 set_lg_regionmax 262144 set_cachesize 0 8388608 8 set_flags DB_LOG_AUTOREMOVE Problem: (might be my db config) We recently moved our 4.9 GB Berkly DB (revisions were up to 845) over from SVN 1.1.4 to the new 1.2.0 Quickly we found that the Berkly DB that is packaged was an upgrade so we follow the how-to steps provided on your site, which were very helpful. - svnadmin recover - we backed up our db - svnadmin lest-unused-dblogs - deleted what was in the list - removed all the __db.00* files So we were up and running. For a while. Then after a few commits and updates we received our first DB_RUNRECOVERY from TortoiseSVN client 1.2.0. First time we have ever seen it so I counted us lucky up to this point. Steps taken: - Repeated the svnadmin recover. Server message: C:\Python23\Scripts>svnadmin recover f:\repos\Art Repository lock acquired. Please wait; recovering the repository may take some time... svnadmin: DB_RUNRECOVERY: Fatal error, run database recovery svnadmin: bdb: Recovery function for LSN 175 7066018 failed on backward pass svnadmin: bdb: PANIC: No such file or directory svnadmin: bdb: PANIC: fatal region error detected; run recovery Client error message: Error: Commit failed (details follow): Error: Berkeley DB error for filesystem F:/repos/Art/db while opening environment: Error: DB_RUNRECOVERY: Error: Fatal error, run database recovery Error: bdb: PANIC: fatal region error detected; run recovery We decided to just cut our losses: * Create a new blank repo with TortoiseSVN client 1.2.0 * Took one fo the guys directories, cleaned out all the .svn folders * Imported the directory structure into the new repo. Few days later, (revisions were up to 15) at size of 2.5 GB, we are in the same situation. We need your help to figure this out. We are a few weeks from releasing our Demo PC Game and kind of in a time crunch. Again, love the product and look forward to working with you. Chris Kreager one of A Few Screws Loose, LC www.AFSLGames.com e-mail: chris.kreager@AFSLGames.com (512) 809-1861 --------------------------------------------------------------------- To unsubscribe, e-mail: email@example.com For additional commands, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.orgReceived on Fri Jul 1 01:03:57 2005
This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Users mailing list.