[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

merging bug?

From: Graham Cummins <gic_at_cns.montana.edu>
Date: 2004-08-17 19:45:08 CEST

I just used svn merge to merge changes from my main development tree to
a branch. Changes to files merged OK. During the merge several files
were created in the branch (because they had been created in the main
tree since the last time changes were merged to the branch).

When I went to commit the branch, I got Commit Failed. The details were:

svn: Source url 'name-of -one-of -the-files-that-was-created-by-merge'
is from a different repository

This cost me a lot of time. The only way I could figure out to work
around it was to 'svn rm' each file that merge had created, and then
'svn add' a copy of it.

Am I doing something wrong here, or is this a bug?

Details of my setup are as follows

The branch and main tree are in fact in the same repository. The
structure looks like

svn+ssh://armitage.cns.montana.edu/adisk/soucre/

cummins
    main
       <code directories>
    branches
       widowsport
          <code directories>
    tags
   
I'm using svn+ssh to get to the repository, which is on a suse linux box.

To merge I used this command (from cummins/branches/windowsport in my
working copy)

svn merge -r 47:HEAD
svn+ssh://armitage.cns.montana.edu/adisk/soucre/cummins/main

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@subversion.tigris.org
For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@subversion.tigris.org
Received on Tue Aug 17 19:46:45 2004

This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Users mailing list.