[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

NetBSD: "Non-ascii character detected..."

From: Hunkel, Manfred <M.Hunkel_at_t-systems.com>
Date: 2004-05-18 15:46:30 CEST

Hi everybody,

After not having been able to root up a satisfactory indication
(in this mailing list or via Google) about how to solve my problem,
I'm coming back to the list begging for help:

I recently moved our SVN repositories & infra-structure from a
slightly "dusty" Linux driven server to one running NetBSD 1.6.2.

There's no probem (as yet) using SVN via TortoiseSVN or RapidSVN,
so normal usage seems to be ok. However, after installing WebSVN,
which gathers information via e.g. "svnlook tree", I noticed that
the latter balks at listing any filenames containing those pesky
umlauts we Germans are so fond of ;-). The same is true when doing
things like "svn add" with files that have umlauts in their names.

Now, I did find out that others on this list had similar problems.
I also found out that locale settings aren't one of NetBSD's strengths
(to put it mildly). I even rebuild apr after finding out its configure
couldn't find iconv.h... svnlook still balks, not being able "to convert
to/from UTF-8". I've an export of LC_CTYPE=de_DE.ISO8859-1, which
works perfectly with shells and even perl.

Please enlighten me on the topic of "Who converts which to what and when"...


To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@subversion.tigris.org
For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@subversion.tigris.org
Received on Tue May 18 15:47:15 2004

This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Users mailing list.

This site is subject to the Apache Privacy Policy and the Apache Public Forum Archive Policy.