[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

Re: /home/kfogal needed for AIX 5.1 compile of 1.0.1?

From: Travis P <twp_at_castle.fastmail.fm>
Date: 2004-03-16 21:07:49 CET

On Mar 16, 2004, at 10:34 AM, Joe Orton wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 16, 2004 at 09:02:31AM -0600, Travis P wrote:
>>
>> On Mar 16, 2004, at 7:39 AM, Jostein Chr. Andersen wrote:
>>
>>> On Tuesday 16 March 2004 14.36, Joe Orton wrote:
>>>> On Tue, Mar 16, 2004 at 07:53:57AM +0100, Jostein Chr. Andersen
>>>> wrote:
>>>>> On Tuesday 16 March 2004 03.51, Travis P wrote:
>>>>> ...
>>>>>
>>>>>> Even if I messed up, I pretty sure that that shouldn't have
>>>>>> happened. I grep'ed co.conf for kfogal and didn't get any hits
>>>>>
>>>>> It's a libtool thing. You should run "./autogen.sh" first and then
>>>>> everything should be fine.
>>>>
>>>> That should never be necessary from a release tarball.
>>>
>>> True, but try it anyway.
>>
>> Thanks for the suggestion. That fails with its own error.
>
> I'd try doing
>
> cp apr/build/apr_rules.mk apr-util/build/rules.mk

I got a lot of errors when I did that copy; but it might have been my
own fault. I had "-L <dir>" rather than "-L<dir>" and that jumped out
at me at some point. Correcting that and also adding a minimal PATH
make the funny /home/kfogal problem go away. So, I finally found a
formula that worked with one manual configuration correction during the
build.

For the record and anyone else in a similar situation, my successful
compilation used this configure script:
=======
zlib=/pkg-aix51/zlib-1.1.4
ssl=/pkg-aix51/openssl-0.9.7c

export PATH=$ssl/bin:/usr/bin
export CC=xlc_r
export CFLAGS='-O -qmaxmem=-1 -qlanglvl=extended'
export CPPFLAGS="-I$ssl/include -I$zlib/include"
export LDFLAGS="-L$ssl/lib -L$zlib/lib"

./configure
--prefix=/gsys/pkg-aix51/subversion-1.0.1
--without-berkeley-db --enable-shared=no --with-ssl --with-zlib 2>&1 |
tee co.conf
========

I had to make the following modification to neon/src/ne_utils.c
because something was defining const to the empty string and then the
ne_version_string function definition in ne_utils.c was conflicting
with the definition for that function in ne_utils.h where const was not
so defined.

***************
*** 111,116 ****
--- 111,117 ----
      "."
   ;

+ #undef const
   const char *ne_version_string(void)
   {
       return version_string;

Not pretty, but I'm happy that I think I've now got a working 1.0.1
client. Thanks to everyone who offered suggestions.

-Travis

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@subversion.tigris.org
For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@subversion.tigris.org
Received on Tue Mar 16 22:12:07 2004

This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Users mailing list.