[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

possibly helpful installation scenario

From: David A. Black <dblack_at_wobblini.net>
Date: 2004-02-29 13:52:46 CET

Hello --

Given that there are problems being reported and discussed having to
do with apr/apr-util and BerkeleyDB.4.2, having an impact on clean
compilation of Subversion 1.0.0, I thought I'd describe what I did,
which seems to have circumvented the problems. Of course, it's always
possible that something is actually working by coincidence (old
libraries lying around or something) -- but I'll be optimistic and
share this, in case it is of use to anyone.

1. Install BerkeleyDB.4.2

   I deleted this source tree, but I think all I gave to ./configure
   was: --prefix=/usr/local/share/BerkeleyDB.4.2

2. Install Apache 2.0.48. I didn't do config.nice or anything;
   rather, I moved my whole 2.0.45 to a safe place, installed
   2.0.48 from scratch, and restored my htdocs, logs, etc.

   Here's what I did for 2.0.48:

     ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/lib/httpd \
     --enable-shared \
     --enable-mods-shared=all \

     make install

3. Install Subversion 1.0.0. Backup anything in httpd's home
   that might get changed (httpd.conf gets some "AddModule"
   directives I have to comment out). Then:

     ./configure --with-apxs=/usr/local/lib/httpd/bin/apxs \
     --prefix=/usr/local/lib/svn --with-apr=/usr/local/lib/httpd/ \
     --with-apr-util=/usr/local/lib/httpd/ \

     make install

I hope this is helpful.


David A. Black
To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@subversion.tigris.org
For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@subversion.tigris.org
Received on Sun Feb 29 13:52:01 2004

This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Users mailing list.

This site is subject to the Apache Privacy Policy and the Apache Public Forum Archive Policy.