Dear Tortoisesvn Community,
I would like to ask couple of questions about the https://tortoisesvn.net/downloads.html application, version 1.9.7, for evaluating if is it fulfil all the requirements needed to use in corporate environment.
- what are the minimum hardware, operation system, and additional software requirement for running this application ?
- is administrator level access needed for installing the application ?
- is this software has any IT security certificate (iso 27001 for example) ?
- is this application tested with 3rd party IT Security audit ?
- is the application communicating with any internet server (updates, sharing usage information, etc) ?
- can this application work as standalone or other application needed to use this ?
- what kind of changes are the application makes in the computer / OS (registry, temp files, etc)
- has the application got sandbox function ?
- can the application send files to external servers ?
- has the application any screen sharing function (like remote desktop) ?
- are there user management in the application ?
- can the application logs any user activity ? if it can where is stores the log, and what type of activities logged ?
- how the application can be updated ?
- what are the effect of the updates (like the application or the operation system have to be restarted)?
- are the updates planned and advertised on a public website (update / patch dates, list of changes)
- are there any publicly available vulnerability list of this application on the website (for ex: https://tortoisesvn.net/support.html ) ? What is the URL where these information are available ?
- what kind of support options are available for the application (email, support website, phone, etc) ?
- do you guarantee any SLA for fixing the founded errors, vulnerabilities ?
- are the updates / patches free ?
- is the application handles any personal data (for example name, email address) ?
- is it allowed to use this application (in trial or full version) in corporate environment (based on the licencing) ?
To unsubscribe from this discussion, e-mail: [users-unsubscribe_at_tortoisesvn.tigris.org].
Received on 2017-08-24 10:46:50 CEST