On 16.05.2014 12:57, Sven wrote:
> Today, I tried to use the SVN command line client from within TexStudio.
> TexStudio invoked svn.exe with the following parameters:
> svn.exe up --non-interactive c:\path_with_hebrew_letters\somefile.txt
> The result was:
> Skipped 'c:\path_with_hebrew_letters\somefile.txt'
> Summary of conflicts:
> Skipped paths: 1
> As you can imagine, that's not very satisfying.
> I then investigated. I opened a command prompt (cmd.exe, which is
> unicode aware), and then tried the same command as TexStudio executed.
> The result was the same (skipped path ...). As a workaround, I can "cd"
> into the directory, and then use the command "svn up somefile.txt".
> Another workaround is to renaming the folder with the hebrew characters.
> My conclusion is that the svn command line client that ships with
> tortoise SVN does not properly (if at all) support windows'
> unicode-based path names.
if you get "Skipped 'c:\path_with_hebrew_letters\somefile.txt'" and the
chars you see there are the correct ones, then that implies that svn.exe
is unicode aware.
you can try this:
create a bat file with the following content:
type "$1" > c:\testfile.txt
save the bat file as c:\test.bat
Now instead of
svn.exe up --non-interactive c:\path_with_hebrew_letters\somefile.txt
run this from TexStudio:
cmd.exe /c c:\test.bat c:\path_with_hebrew_letters\somefile.txt
and then check whether c:\testfile.txt contains the same as
oo // \\ "De Chelonian Mobile"
(_,\/ \_/ \ TortoiseSVN
\ \_/_\_/> The coolest interface to (Sub)version control
/_/ \_\ http://tortoisesvn.net
To unsubscribe from this discussion, e-mail: [users-unsubscribe_at_tortoisesvn.tigris.org].
Received on 2014-05-16 17:57:15 CEST