On Fri, May 2, 2014 at 10:16 AM, Benjamin Fritz <fritzophrenic_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> I tried manually downloading each revision, and the comparing them on
> the command-line:
> C:\My\WC\Dir>wscript.exe "C:\Program Files\TortoiseSVN\Diff-Scripts\diff-d
> Now I just get an error saying "Error opening MyDoc 6308.doc".
> The same thing happens after I convert both docs to the latest format
> (saving as docx) and trusting the provider of the macros in them to
> get rid of the "Enable Macros" warning on revision 6308.
I got the command-line version to work.
Instead of "MyDoc 6308.doc" I needed to use "%CD%\MyDoc 6308.doc".
This got rid of the "error opening document" error. But then I got my
original error you said was probably related to embedded objects or
macros referencing deleted things.
I converted my copy of the document to docx, which required me to save
without macros for some reason.
Even though I only converted the previous revision copy, the diff now
works from the command-line. I bet if I were to convert the document
in SVN future revisions would also diff correctly but I've not tested
this since the document is subject to strict change management
process. I'll give it a try the next time I encounter this issue, if
I'm actively making changes at the time.
I think I remember reading that the conversion to docx can remove some
old data which stays around in the old file format due to "quick save"
or something like that. So maybe it does have something to do with
hidden bad references to objects that have been deleted in the past.
To unsubscribe from this discussion, e-mail: [users-unsubscribe_at_tortoisesvn.tigris.org].
Received on 2014-05-02 20:00:03 CEST