Dear all hi !
I have a problem with svn+ssh connectivity. The problem shows on all operations with the svn repo. I had my svn on bluehost servers with svn version 1.7.3 and everything was OK. Since I moved to hostbig I have not been able to use svn with tortoise SVN anymore.
Details as bellow:
- Client operating system seems irrelevant (tried WinXP, Win7 32/64)
- I am using the latest version of TSVN, 1.7.11.
- I have full connectivity to the server via Plink / Putty and Pageant with ssh.
- I can execute from a local command prompt using plink the "svnserve -t" and I see the server's response : "( success ( 2 2 ( ) ( edit-pipeline svndiff1 absent-entries commit-revprops dept
h log-revprops atomic-revprops partial-replay ) ) )"
- I can use the command line "svn.exe" installed as a option with tortoise SVN to checkout and commit with no problems eg
svn co svn+ssh://myUserName@PuttySessionName/home/myHome/svn/test
from a command prompt window works fine
- Also using smartSVN v7.5 client with identical svn+ssh URL works with no problems.
- The same URL in tortoiseSVN->"SVN Checkout" opens 3 times a PLINK.EXE command prompt window and terminates with a red error message in the results window. Last line reads "Network connection closed unexpectedly"
- The same procedure on a server on my intranet works with no problems.
- The hostbig servers had svn version 1.6.11.
- The same issue remained after updating to 1.7.8
It appears that either the Tsvn client is giving up upon initial reception of the response to "svnadmin -t" commands, or the response sent to the server causes a disconnection. And it only happens on the hostbig server.
Any help is highly appreciated.
Best regards and many congrats to the developers for a life saving utility.
To unsubscribe from this discussion, e-mail: [users-unsubscribe_at_tortoisesvn.tigris.org].
Received on 2013-02-15 14:49:55 CET