RE: Overlay icons - strange behaviour on some Win7 x64
From: Bob Archer <bob.archer_at_amsi.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 16:26:10 -0400
Do you have dropbox on it? I just installed dropbox on me Win7 machine and no longer am I getting tortoise overlays in Win7 64-bit. The dropbox overlays are working fine.
From: Sebastian Grottel [mailto:grottel_at_vis.uni-stuttgart.de]
I am using tortoise svn for quite some time now and I never had any (bigger) problems.
All Icons for ignored files are shown.
When I add files, they show the add icon.
The “changed” overlay icon is shown for folders containing changed files, but only in the Treeview , not in the Listview of the explorer.
Some Folders (like 2% or something) show the “changed” icon, if they contain changes.
And that’s about it. No other overlay icons are shown!
These are my overlay settings:
The installations on my two machines are almost identically (one exception is the anti-virus: Kaspersky at home and Sophos at work).
I installed tortoise as the same user I am now trying to use it.
After I noticed that the overlay icons did not work, I tried the following:
- Checked how many overlay handlers are installed (14 with tortoise, however, since the ignore icons are show this should not be a problem, or am I wrong?). In fact I also have 14 handlers on my private machine, where everything works fine.
- I rebuilt the icon cache as described in the FAQ.
- I switched to the “Shell” status cache.
- I switched to “none” status cache (now no overlay icons where shown at all!).
- I changed exclude paths to “C:\*” and “D:\*” and include paths to “C:\dev*” (the folder where all my working copies reside) and deactivated “Show excluded folders as normal”.
- I deleted some of my working copies and checked them out again.
- I deinstalled and reinstalled tortoise (After reinstall I get the same weird behavior again).
- And, of course I rebooted a lot!
And now, I am running out of ideas.
What could create this strange malfunction?
I really hope you can help me.
To unsubscribe from this discussion, e-mail: [users-unsubscribe_at_tortoisesvn.tigris.org].
This is an archived mail posted to the TortoiseSVN Users mailing list.