RE: Strange new problem with tree conflicts
From: Jeff Simon <jas_at_rephunter.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 15:15:40 -0700 (PDT)
I have been simply copying at the OS level, which has seemed to work for a long time, as you say it should.
Then today I resolved those tree conflicts using the Check for Modifcations feature and simply marking everything as resolved. It should be noted that all files between the repo and working copies are identical, so the is no conflict in the text of the files.
In my original post, which did not make it into this thread, I gave a more pointed description of the problem. I will repeat that information here for completeness:
-----8<---- original post -----8< -----
For no apparent reason, I have tree conflicts in my project. I am
1. There is no reason that such a conflict should be reported.
2. All of the files in my working copy in all three branches and in
3. My repo structure has three branches within it as follows
The tree conflict shows up for a couple of dozen file when I do a
4. When this first happened a week or so ago, I checked out a whole
5. I have also tried cleanup on TVSN 1.6.3, just to see if it helped,
Accordingly I believe this reported tree conflict to not be a real
Any one see this?
If it is not a bug in TSVN, then how do you fix it?
----- 8< ----- response from Stefan -----8< -----
> For no apparent reason, I have tree conflicts in my project. I am
What exactly is shown in the commit dialog? Maybe a screenshot would help.
> 4. When this first happened a week or so ago, I checked out a whole
A tree conflict happens only during merges and (very rarely) during
> 5. I have also tried cleanup on TVSN 1.6.3, just to see if it helped,
Are you sure those are tree conflicts? Those can only be resolved, not
----- 8< ----- end of first two posts -----8< -----
The whole point is the part about having no conflicts reported in the branches, but only in the parent directory of the branches.
The attachment in the original post of this thread has the response to Stefan showing the commit dialog.
Even stranger, most of the affected files had not been changed in a very long time, even prior to the previous checkout.
Bottom line: I think I see how to work around the issue, as stated above. But I still think it is pretty strange, and none of the theorized causal sequences is what occurred.
To unsubscribe from this discussion, e-mail: [users-unsubscribe_at_tortoisesvn.tigris.org].
This is an archived mail posted to the TortoiseSVN Users mailing list.