[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

Re: ! Some Characters in Path Cause Troubles (eg in Externals)

From: Andy Levy <andy.levy_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 06:38:37 -0400

On Sun, Jul 12, 2009 at 18:48, Synetech<synetech_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I imported all of my code into SVN (using TortoiseSVN). I have it
> structured something like this:
>  Foobar
>    [Big]
>      CoolApp
>    [Small]
>    {Components}
>      CMyEdit
>    (Test)
>      MyEditTest
>    (Done)
> I tried setting an external (for example setting CMyEdit as an
> external for MyEditTest), but it does not work. When I try to checkout
> MyEditTest, I get an “External Failed” error. If I rename the
> {Components} directory to Components (and update the external), then
> it works.
> I find that there are problems with paths that have non-alphanumeric
> characters in them. The http servers work, the repot-browser works,
> and so no, but not the checkin/out (or update) functions.

Subversion allows some filenames/characters that various OSes may not
(because not all systems have the same restrictions; Windows is the
most restrictive). Make sure that your directory names aren't running
afoul of the items listed at


To unsubscribe from this discussion, e-mail: [users-unsubscribe_at_tortoisesvn.tigris.org].
Received on 2009-07-13 12:38:46 CEST

This is an archived mail posted to the TortoiseSVN Users mailing list.