[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

MBytes transferred figure in Update dialog appears wrong

From: Bradley Grainger <bgrainger_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2008 09:26:25 -0700 (PDT)

I started setting up a working copy on a new Vista x64 system using
TortoiseSVN 1.5.2 (64-bit). I checked out immediate children only of
svn://dev/Code/trunk (my local repository URL) to C:\Code. I then
updated C:\Code\common to the HEAD revision with a fully recursive
update. (The SVN server is the CollabNet build, v1.5.0.)

The update completed quickly, but the status at the bottom of the
dialog said that 59451.50 MBytes were transferred from the server.
This screenshot (http://www.logos.com/images/Screenshots/TSVN-MBytes-
transferred.png) of an Explorer window on top of the TSVN Update
window shows that the total amount of downloaded code is just under
800MB. Even allowing for some overhead, the TSVN figure of 59GB thus
appears to be quite inaccurate.

Bradley Grainger

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe_at_tortoisesvn.tigris.org
For additional commands, e-mail: users-help_at_tortoisesvn.tigris.org
Received on 2008-08-01 18:34:48 CEST

This is an archived mail posted to the TortoiseSVN Users mailing list.