[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

Word 2007 diff error and solution

From: Heather Smith <heather_d_smith_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2008 14:15:27 -0700 (PDT)

There is an error in: diff-docx.js

I've just started using your product and I wasn't really expecting it to be able to diff word files, but I decided it wouldn't hurt to try.

To my surprise it actually did diff the word files, but it put them in the wrong order. The 'revised' file was really the previous version, so all the changes were reversed (something that had been added, was showing as removed, etc). I corrected this problem by changing the following lines in the diff-docx.js file:
//sBaseDoc = objArgs(0); <-- commented these out
//sNewDoc = objArgs(1);
sBaseDoc = objArgs(1); <-- added these
sNewDoc = objArgs(0);

This works great for me (because I'm using Office 2007, which goes down a different path at the end of the script than earlier versions), but I'm not sure it is the complete solution for all word diffs. Assuming what you had worked for earlier versions, anyway, I just thought I would let you know.


To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe_at_tortoisesvn.tigris.org
For additional commands, e-mail: users-help_at_tortoisesvn.tigris.org
Received on 2008-07-14 07:59:34 CEST

This is an archived mail posted to the TortoiseSVN Users mailing list.

This site is subject to the Apache Privacy Policy and the Apache Public Forum Archive Policy.